Sunday, August 23, 2009

Hummingbirds

Posted in by Sweet Melissa | Edit
About a month ago David and I went over to a friend's house out in the country. I took my camera in case any photo opportunities presented themselves.. and did they ever! As I sat out on the porch listening to the sounds of the guys in the basement nailing down hardwood flooring, I heard another sound that I couldn't identify.

Curiosity struck me and I grabbed my camera and hunted down the culprits making a "psychotic bumblebee" buzz. It was three little hummingbirds playing tag as they sipped nectar from a feeder on the porch! I did my best to stake out the feeder; I got as close as possible and stood very still. Soon the little guys were buzzing and humming all around me, making for some great photo ops. Here are a couple of the pictures I got (edited using Picnik.com)!


0 Comments


Leave a Comment